A Armistead Park
HOA, Inc. 
Where can I find corporate and financial documents of the HOA?
Please refer to the Governing Documents page of this website for the covenants, articles of incorporation and by-laws of our HOA. Our audited financial statements and past reserve studies  can be found on the Financial Information page (restricted to HOA members only).

B Board Meetings When are Board meetings held?
HOA Board Meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month in the clubhouse at 7:30, unless announced otherwise. All HOA members (homeowners) are welcome to attend.

  Board email
How do I contact the HOA Board?
Please use the Contact Us page on this website.

C Clubhouse How do I rent the Clubhouse?
Clubhouse rental costs $200 for the day, in addition to a refundable $200 security deposit, and is only available to HOA homeowners. To see if the Clubhouse is available on a specific date, first check the HOA calendar on this website and then confirm with the HOA Board. For more details and photos, including step-by-step reservation instructions, refer to the Clubhouse Rental page on this website.

D Deck Modifications and Structures Per Fairfax County:

"If you are placing a structure on a deck it will always require a permit and inspections.  For example, if you are using a "kit" for a pergola you will need to submit the manufacturers specifications with your submission for review and make sure that your plans show how you plan to attach it to your existing deck.  If you are not planning to attach the pergola to your house you will apply for a Residential Detached Structure permit and then process your Plan Review Only permit to submit your drawings, plat, and manufacturer specifications for the kit."


You can find all of the information on the new process by viewing our website found here:  https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/plan2build/interim-counters
  Design Review Where do I find information about design requirements?
Design review documents are available on the page indicated on the main menu.
E  Elections (HOA) When are HOA elections and who is eligible to vote in HOA elections?
HOA elections usually take place annually during the Annual General Meeting of HOA members (see FAQ below). Elections are for one or more Board positions which typically expire because of the staggered (1, 2, and 3 year) terms of different Board members. Only HOA members are eligible to vote but with only one vote per registered household and also one vote only for any single member who owns more than one of the 235 homes in the community. To receive a voting ballot, you need to be in good standing, i.e., up to date in payment of HOA fees (see FAQ below).
H History of our community  When was this community formed?
Armistead Park HOA was formed circa 1997. We have now grown into a mature community with 85 town homes and 150 single-family homes.

   Home Improvements What if I want to make changes to the exterior of my home?
Homeowners are advised to consult the design review documents (see Design Review link at left) to check if HOA approval is needed for any exterior home improvements.

  HOA fees How much are HOA fees and when are they due?
HOA dues are currently $82/month, due the 1st of the month.  Auto payment may be set up through your bank.  

Monthly dues cover common area landscaping, playground, tennis courts, clubhouse upkeep, snow plowing, trash & recycling pickup, and our master insurance policy.

How can I view my HOA statement?
Contact our community management company Gates Hudson for further information at [email protected]

Once you have an online account with GHA, you can access that account at https://portal.ghacm.com
M Map Where can I find a detailed neighborhood map as well as plats and plans relevant to my home?
Click here for an overview of the limits of our neighborhood within our immediate vicinity. The Landscaping Committee page features scanned copies of record plats fro different sections of our neighborhood as well as links to Fairfax County information on plans and plats, and an interactive neighborhood map.

   Mailbox Who do I contact about a lost mailbox key or a lock that won't open?
Call our designated local post office on Pickett Road at 703-978-3504 for mailbox key replacements.

  Membership in HOA Who is eligible for membership in the HOA?
Our HOA is a legally incorporated entity with membership criteria specified in our by-laws. (See Governing Documents page on this website.) If your name appears on the title/deed of one of our 235 homes, then you are automatically a member. Residents who are not homeowners are nonetheless welcome to participate in most HOA activities except, for example, voting in HOA elections (see FAQ above), serving on the HOA Board, and membership in committees concerned with HOA assets and finances (e.g., Landscaping, Design Review, Finance and Budget). 
P Parking Where can my visitors park?
There are designated VISITOR parking spots along Royal Astor Way, and parking is available along any street not marked with a yellow curb per Virginia law. Yellow curbs are designated for safety / emergency vehicle access.

What can I do when someone parks in my parking spot?
If the car belongs to a neighbor or neighbor's visitor, you may approach your neighbor directly to ask them to move the car. If they refuse, you can call the police non-emergency number at (703) 691-2131.

  Pets What about my pet?
Residents are reminded to clean up after their pets in all common areas. There are several pet waste receptacles with bags in Armistead Park and on HOA property. As a pet owner in this community, you should familiarize yourself with all relevant Fairfax County leash and other regulations which are continually updated. An illustrative example is New Rules for Dog Tethering (November 2015). All dogs four months or older must be licensed in accordance with Fairfax County dog regulations
  Fairfax Police Non-Emergency Number Fairfax police non-emergency number (703) 691-2131.
R Resale Documents (disclosure package) Where do I find resale documents?
Please visit http://gateshudson.com/community-management/order-resale-documents/.

  Recycling When is recycling picked up? 
Recycling is picked up on Mondays. It must be put in the designated bin.

What items can be included in the recycling pickup?
Please visit the Fairfax County website on recycling for recycling information.

How do I order a bigger bin?
Call Republic Services at (703) 818-8222.  Tell them you live in Barkley/Armistead Park, and they'll schedule an exchange for your bin.

S Schools Which are assigned public schools for this community?
Fairhill Elementary 
Jackson Middle School 
Falls Church High School

  Stormwater pond management What should be done if there is exceptional water runoff and buildup in our HOA stormwater ponds?

Please contact Fairfax County Maintenance and Stormwater Management Division at 703-877-2800, TTY 711 if you observe and have any health or other concerns with water buildup in any of our stormwater ponds. You can also alert the HOA Board of your communications with Fairfax County so that we can also follow up as necessary.
  Streets Which are the public and private streets in this HOA community?
Barkley Gate Lane is public while the major portions of Garden Gate Drive and Mainstone forming a 'Z' with Barkley Gate are also public. The remaining portions of Garden Gate Drive and Mainstone are private as are Day Lilly Court, Royal Astor Way, Thompson Farm Court, Garden Stone Lane, White Peach Place, and White Daisy Place. 

   Soliciting Is solicitation allowed?
Our community is a "do not solicit" neighborhood.  A “No Soliciting” sign is posted at both entrances to the community – by law, this makes door-to-door soliciting illegal.  Kindly remind anyone solicitors coming to your door that they are prohibited from doing so in our community. Peddlers/solicitors require a police license .

Fairfax County has published a tip sheet to show an example of a county-issued solicitor’s license, and provides information on dealing with solicitors.  If you have a complaint about a solicitor, or want to talk to Fairfax County staff about solicitors, you can contact them by telephone at 703-324-5966.

T Trash When is trash picked up?
Trash is picked up on Mondays and Thursdays. Recycling is also picked up Mondays. Lawn/yard/leaf  waste is picked up on Wednesdays (this has been suspended for the time being per republicservices.com for further updates call Republic Services at 703-818-8222). Trash cans should not be set out until the night before each of our trash pick-ups.  Trash is not picked up on the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. For a complete holiday schedule (pdf) in our area visit Republic Services Holiday Schedule.

What items can not be included in the trash pickup?
Please visit the Fairfax County FAQ web page for specific information.

Who do I contact regarding special trash pickups?
Call Republic Services at 703-818-8222.  Tell them you live in Barkley/Armistead Park, and they'll schedule your special item pick up, likely on the next available Thursday.  This is a complimentary service to our community for most non-appliance items.

Who do I contact regarding missed trash pickups?
Call Republic Services at 703-818-8222 before 5pm the day of the scheduled pickup and confirm that you had set the trash out at the typical designated pickup site for your residence and that it was set out by 6am.  We are listed in Republic Services' system under Armistead Park HOA.  Republic Services will attempt to schedule missed pickup for the next business day.  Please also Contact Us so that missed pickup events can be tracked. 
  Tennis Court How do I use the tennis court?
Visit the tennis court page to view the access code and restrictions. 

  Towing How does the HOA enforce towing?
The HOA has contracted with a towing service for 24-hour patrol of fire lanes in our community where parking is not allowed. Vehicles found in these fire lanes will be towed at the owner's expense.  Towed vehicles owners should contact Accurate Towing & Storage Inc. at 703-934-1460.

  Trees Where can I find guidance on tree care and removal?
Please refer to the Fairfax County guidance on tree care and removal.

U  Utilities How do I set up/modify my utilities?

Utility Companies for Barkley:

V Volunteering How can I volunteer for HOA activities?
Our HOA strongly encourages residents to volunteer their energy and time, skills, and experience for the betterment and improved safety of our neighborhood. All residents, whether homeowners, renters, or household members, are welcome to volunteer for our many committees. However those committees concerned with HOA assets, finances and governance (e.g., Elections, Contracts Review, Landscaping, Design Review, Budget and Finance) are open only to homeowners. To volunteer or to learn about opportunities, you may directly contact various committees with your information.